COMPETITION Terms & Conditions
Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions, and agreed to be bound by them, when entering this competition.
Who may enter:
1. This competition is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland aged 18 or over.
How to enter:
2. To take part in this competition, entrants must:
a) Create a video no longer than one minute highlighting the ‘changing world’ around them
b) Upload the video via the Cork Discovers Giveaway webpage on corkdiscovers.org
c) Give consent to Cork Discovers and its affiliates to process your data by ticking the relevant box
3. No purchase necessary. Maximum of one entry per person.
4. The competition opens on 25th November 2020 and entries must be received on or before 23.59pm on 9th December 2020.
Winner selection and notification:
5. Six (6) winners will be selected on December 6th from all complete and eligible entries received before the closing time of the competition via the uploaded entries on the Cork Discovers Competition webpage.
6. Winners will be notified by email. Winners must respond to the direct message by 17:00 on 4th of December otherwise the prize will be forfeited by the winner.
7. The prizes are:
A year-long Family Membership to Fota Wildlife Park for two lucky winners
A €200 One4All Voucher for the two most creative classroom entries
A €100 One4All Voucher for two ingenious individual entries
8. Cork Discovers shall not be liable for any prize that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged, or tampered in any way.
9. Cork Discovers reserves the right to substitute the prize (or any part of the prize) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its reasonable control. There is no cash alternative to the prize and unless Cork Discovers agrees otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
10. If any winner is not able, for any reason, to accept a prize, or does not respond within the specified time, the prize will be forfeited by the winner. Cork Discovers reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant drawn from the same draw period.
11. On entering this competition, you will be asked if you are happy for photographs / video content provided by you to be used to promote and communicate the Cork Discovers event on the Cork social media channels (including but not limited to Corkdiscovers.org, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok and Instagram).
12. There are certain things for which Cork Discovers does not accept any liability to you, and these are explained in the next three paragraphs. The law does not allow Cork Discovers to exclude or limit its liability for some things, such as death or personal injury caused by its negligence. However, the exclusions of liability described below will apply. References to “Cork Discovers” include all associated companies, agents or any other third party involved in the competition.
13. Subject to the above paragraph, Cork Discovers will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) acts, omissions and occurrences beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to:
a) any postponement or cancellation of this competition;
b) any changes to prizes or the way in which they can be used;
c) damage, loss, injury suffered by any entrant entering this competition or as a result of accepting any prize;
d) problems with the allotment or dispatch of prizes (such as prizes failing to reach the intended recipient); and
e) any act, omission or default of any third-party supplier.
14. Cork Discovers does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry.
15. If this competition is unable to run as planned due to computer virus, network/technical/communications failure, tampering or any cause beyond Cork Discovers’ reasonable control, it may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries (subject to any written directions given under applicable law). Entries must not be made through agents or third parties or any automated entry software or any other means which allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and will not be counted.
16. Cork Discover’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
17. Please note that this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platform. By entering, you acknowledge that Facebook, Instagram or Twitter bear no responsibility for this competition and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release Facebook, Instagram and Twitter from any liability whatsoever in connection with this competition. You understand that the information you provide is provided to Cork Discovers (and its affiliates, associates and agents where applicable) and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
18. If Cork Discovers has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the competition, choice of prize winner(s) or any entry) Cork Discovers reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
19. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of this competition the decision of Cork Discovers will be final.
20. Cork Discovers reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
21. Cork Discovers will use each winner’s, and each entrant’s, personal details for the purpose of administering this competition. Please see our Data Protection Policy available on the event website.
Irish Law applies:
22. This competition, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it (including the prize(s)), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law.
23. This competition is organised by Cork Discovers whose registered office is UCC Academy DAC, University College Cork, Western Gateway Building 2.02, Western Road, Cork, ROI.